Baylor’s English Graduate Student Association serves as an advocate for the English graduate student body by functioning as a recognized liaison between graduate students and both English department faculty and University administration. EGSA also works to advance the professional interests of both M.A. and Ph.D. students and seeks to promote camaraderie among graduate students. Membership in EGSA is open to all Baylor University graduate students in English.
The following individuals are the elected EGSA officers for the 2013-2014 school year:
- President: Michael Milburn
- Vice President: Ryan Womack
- Secretary: Jeremy Leatham
- Treasurer: Christina Boyles
- Peer Advisor: Josh Boyd
- Professional Development Coordinators: Heidi Seelke and Jay Beavers
- GSA Representative: Andy Rasmussen
- GSA Alternate: Nicole Bouchard
- Technology Chair: Kalani Pattison
- Technology Assistant: Adam Marshall
- Fundraising Chair: Emily Brower
- Social Chairs: Sarah Rude and Elizabeth Fredericks
- EGSA Orientation Chairs: Sarah Clark and Lindsay Fenton.
Their duties are outlined here.