Baylor’s English Graduate Student Association serves as an advocate for the English graduate student body by functioning as a recognized liaison between graduate students and both English department faculty and University administration. EGSA also works to advance the professional interests of both M.A. and Ph.D. students and seeks to promote camaraderie among graduate students. Membership in EGSA is open to all Baylor University graduate students in English.
The following individuals are the elected EGSA officers for the 2015-2016 school year:
- President: Andy Rasmussen
- Vice President: Nicole Bouchard
- Secretary: Elizabeth Fredericks
- Treasurer: Wesley Garey
- Peer Adviser: Courtney Parker
- Professional Development Coordinators: Sara Dye and Eleni Reid
- GSA Representative: Joseph Ptomey
- GSA Alternate: Josh Pittman
- Technology Chair: Perry Harrison
- Technology Assistant: Zach Kastens
- Fundraising Chair: James Cochran
- Social Chairs: Elizabeth Travers and Caitlin Lawrence
- EGSA Orientation Chairs: Sarah Clark and Kala Holt
Their duties are outlined here.