From Danielle, President of EGSA:
You may or may not be heartbroken over this news, but Nathan and I have decided to cancel tomorrow’s meeting because we do not have a great deal to report. We would, however, like to direct your attention to a few items:
(1) Thank you to those who attended the meeting held by Drs. Barcus and Russell during the first week of classes. Our strong attendance made a positive impression and Dr. Barcus even commented that he “should do things like that more often.” I am pleased that our GPD has taken our requests for improved communication seriously, and I am hopeful that he will continue to improve in this area.
(2) Please remember to fill out a form for Dr. Barcus regarding your tuition remission and assistantship request for the next academic year. Forms will be available in CS 413 and in the CS Writing Center.
(3) If you are interested in becoming more involved with the graduate student experience at Baylor and you are not taking a class on Thursday evenings, please consider becoming one of our alternate GSA representatives. Contact Becky Cahlik at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
(3) Nathan and I will be meeting with Drs. Barcus and Vitanza for our regular meeting next week. If you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of the program, please let one of us know so that we may bring these issues to their attention.
(4) Lastly, thank you to Kalani for coordinating our t-shirt design contest (and thanks, also, to those who submitted designs). The winner is… “EGSA: Pursued by a Bear”
Design by Sarah Aspen, original pun by Jason McCarty, colors voted on by you! Keep an ear to the ground for the ordering process, etc!
EGSA President, 2011-2012