(10 of you just shuddered in a terrible flash of deja vu.) Good job breaking ice and eating ice cream last week, everyone. Let’s announce some things.
19th CRS, TODAY
- Today, 3:30 PM, Armstrong Browning Library Lecture Hall
- Heidi Seward and Daniel Benyousky will be delivering papers.
- If you like Jane Austen, Aristole, John Keats, W. H. Auden, Heidi, Daniel, or things that are over a hundred years old (but not more than 215 years old), this is the event for you.
- 2:30 PM in Jones Library 200
- Dr. Jeffrey Hamilton of Baylor University will be speaking.
- York + Lancaster = (Chivalrous) Yorkaster?
EGSA Photos and Bios
- Send Adam your (square-cropped) photo and (brief, professional) bio today. Or at least this weekend.
- If you don’t, risk being represented visually by a photo of one of the Marshalls’ cats.
- On the bright side, they are cute cats.
- $10 to David Smith (findable in CS 413)
- He promises he won’t take it to Vegas.
- We promise we’ll put on some good social and professional events.
SET Seminar: Tuesday, Sept 9
- 12:30-1:30 PM, Jones Library Creekmore Room
- Dr. Charles Weaver (Psych/Neuro), “From the Lab to the Classroom: Cognitive Sciences and Student Learning”
- Free + register = Fregister (thanks, Jeremy Leatham) right here: http://blogs.baylor.edu/atl/sets/seminars-for-excellence-in-teaching/
Marilynne Robinson, 2014 Albaugh Lecture, Tues, Sept 11
- “Reconceiving Realism: The Case for a Deeper Attention”
- Bennet Auditorium (also known as) Draper 172
- If John Ames is one of your favorite literary characters, this is for you. If he is not, please examine your soul.
- We have some really excellent writers coming to campus this year. Don’t miss out.
Armstrong Browning Library Open House, Friday, Sept 12
- 3:30-4:45 PM
- Hosted by the ABL and the 19th CRS
- They’re promising manuscripts and tours.
- If you ever wanted to see what’s in a research library’s medicine cabinets and sock drawers, now is your chance.
- It is a pretty gorgeous building, and if you don’t like old bits of paper, what are you doing here?
Call for Papers, Braniff Conference in the Liberal Arts (Jan 31)
- BGSA invites EGSA to send in abstracts for BCLA.
- See the attached flier.
Are you still reading? Please stop, I’m done.