Which leads me to my next point: please put on your calendars (or iPhones or the pile of post-it notes you call “your schedule”) March 3-4. We’ve moved up the book sale dates in order to persuade students dreaming of their upcoming trips to oceans and foreign lands that they need a book or seven to take with them. Sign-ups for shifts will be sent out in upcoming weeks. I look forward to your eager participation. Because this is/isn’t a game.
Sara Kelm, Booksale Maven
Ends today at 5 pm.
Remember to pay your EGSA dues ($10) to David Smith, or your vote will be plucked from the mass and fed to the bears. We might feed you to the bears, too.
Oh, just kidding! The bears have grown weary of eating graduate students.
- 10:AM in the Bobo Spiritual Life Center.
- Perry Glanzer (Higher Ed), “What is Christian Teaching? The Diverse Approaches of Christian Professors”
- I can say with certainty there will be a powerpoint and a handout, because those are things we love. Right?
- Coffee and bagels provided.
- Dr. David Lyle Jeffrey (Baylor Honors College), “Bathsheba in Eye of the Beholder: Reading the Bible Visually from Late Medieval Manuscripts to Rubens and Rembrandt”
- 2:30 PM in the ABL Lecture Hall
- Thank heavens this doesn’t go past the 17th century or we might have to engage with the fact that this exists.
- Dr. Brian Glemza (UNC), “Is Anything Sacred in Cormac McCarthy’s Fiction”
- Carroll Science 101
- Note the exciting change of time! Now you can hear about this AND naked medieval ladies.
- And I can’t speak for the whole of McCarthy, but ain’t nothing sacred about this.
- Dr. Blaine McCormick (Management), “The Sixth Week of Class, I Decided I Liked Canvas Better Than Blackboard”
- And That’s the Snappiest Title We Had
- Jones Library 200
- Fregister here.
- Dr. Darin Davis of the Baylor Institute for Faith and Learning
- Come talk about integrating faith and learning as a Christian scholar
- There will be refreshments, thus giving you something to do with your hands (besides take notes)
- Carroll Science 4th Floor Lounge.
- “Compose Yourself: Preparing Your CV and Cover Letters”
- Subtext: “Yeah, that’s a pun: get it together.”
- Jones Creekmore Room
- For all those who need more hands-on advice than just frantically reading blog posts on The Professor Is In. So, all of us.