Baylor’s English Graduate Student Association serves as an advocate for the English graduate student body by functioning as a recognized liaison between graduate students and both English department faculty and University administration. EGSA also works to advance the professional interests of both M.A. and Ph.D. students and seeks to promote camaraderie among graduate students. Membership in EGSA is open to all Baylor University graduate students in English.
EGSA Officers for the 2018-2019 School year
We love being your officers and are happy to help in any way we can. Check below to see who can help you most and then do please Contact us!
- President: Holly Spofford. Our fearless leader. If there’s an issue that affects us all and you think it should go to Dr. Russell, talk to Holly, our official liaison. If you have a question relating to your own unusual case and you’ve already run it by Sara Dye, take it to Dr. Russell.
- Vice President: Ben Rawlins. Our fearless leader in training.
- Secretary: Clayton McReynolds. a.k.a. Mister Secretary Sir, a.k.a. Minister of Misinformation. Send him your announcements and information on the developing Thetanist takeover!
- Treasurer and Fundraising Chair: Austin Fortenberry. The keeper of the purse. Pay him your dues!
- Peer Advisor: Sara Dye. The wisest of us all. For questions about paperwork, inside tips, grad school survival, and proof that it can be done, contact Sara.
- Professional Development Coordinators: Sarah Tharp and James Cochran. Providers of practical wisdom, they organize information meetings that help us get jobs!
- GSA Representative: Caitlin Lawrence. Our official representative to the larger Graduate Student Association, Caitlin is also active on their social committee. Let her know if the EGSA is too small a pond for you!
- GSA Alternate: Sørina Higgins. Our official representative to the GSA when Caitlin is out. Sørina is active on the policy-making committee.
- Technology Chair: Rachel Kilgore. Our website caretaker. For questions, suggestions and complaints about this website, email me!
- Social Chair: Molly Lewis and Christina Lambert Arrangers and facilitators of fun and festivities!
- Orientation and Handbook Committee: Reyna Johnson and Kelly Souskojus Dauntless researchers and writers who just produced our updated source of all information: The EGSA Handbook 2018-2019