This is a place for advice and recommendations from those of us who have been in Waco for a while. Everyone knows about Magnolia and the Silos, but your fellow students can help you discover some of Waco’s beautiful, historic, and even mysterious hidden gems!
First up: Check out this survey of current students conducted by our 2021-2022 Peer Advisor, Matt Turnbull. In it, you’ll find suggestions for necessities like doctors, grocers, and mechanics, as well as hidden study spots and the best places to get coffee.
Next: Check out this Waco dining essentials list from former EGSA President and PhD Candidate Molly Lewis!
- Milo (20% off lunch, student discount)
- Harvest (recently burnt down, but they sell their food at another location while rebuilding)
- Alpha and Omega
- Xristos Cafe (weird hours, but close-ish to campus)
- Cajun Craft http://www.cajuncraftwaco.com
- Union Hall: Koko Ramen https://www.kokoramentogo.com
- Union Hall: Po’boy Place
- Guess Family BBQ (student discount, 10% off)
- Di Campli’s (student discount Mon-Wed)
- Saffron https://saffronwaco.com – very good
- Stone Hearth (20% off lunch, students)
- Bangkok Royale
- Wei Tasty Asian
- Torchy’s (students, 15% off Tuesday)
- Revival (students get free iced tea or soda)
- Lula Jane’s
- Cafe Cappuccino
- Magnolia Table
- Mac House (Thur-Sat, $1 off Mac daddy, student discount)
- Route 77 Park food trucks
- Cafe de Luis (discounts for students Wednesday, free coffee at brunch Wed-Fi)
- Helberg BBQ
- World Cup Cafe (early morning weekday breakfast discounts)
Do you have suggestions you’d like to add to this page? Contact the current Tech Chair!