Today’s email will be brief, as I am later today facing death by firing squad and must put my affairs in order.* All witty/clever commentary will therefore be provided by British thespian and writer Emma Thompson.
TODAY, Departmental Tea
- 2:30 PM in the 4th floor lounge
- How exciting.
TONIGHT, MRRS Drama Night
- 7:30 PM at Rachel & Nathan Roberts’ home (912 N. 22nd St)
- Bring food or beverages.
- Read “The Killing of Abel” and “The Second Shepherd’s Play”
- This is why the second shepherd gets a play and the first does not.
Tuesday, December 2: PROFF talk
- “Sealing the Deal: Negotiating the Job Offer“
- 10:00-11:30 AM, Jones Library Creekmore Conference Room
- Led by Dr. Jon Engelhardt
Thursday, December 4: Christmas on 5th
- Further reminders to come, but there is usually a market, a petting zoo, hot chocolate, and musical guests.
- Last year they screened Elf on Fountain Mall.
- It’ll be at 6 PM in the general Fountain Mall/Burleson Quadrangle area.
- That’s all I got at the moment, what more do you want from me?
Friday, December 5: Departmental Tea
- 2:30 PM, 4th Floor Lounge
- SO MUCH TEA
- You can make conversation to close out the semester, although…
And that’s it. Enjoy your two-day week next week, and make lofty plans for all the things you say you will get done (but won’t) over the Thanksgiving break. The end is in sight!
* Okay, prospectus defense, but same difference.